KATICA RIBEL is originally from Washington Township, Michigan. Ms. Ribel received her Bachelor degree in Political Science from Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan. Upon graduation, Ms. Ribel attended Thomas M. Cooley Law School and graduated on the dean’s list.
Ms. Ribel primarily practices in the areas of criminal law, both at the Magistrate and Circuit Court levels, abuse and neglect matters, mental hygiene and guardian and conservator matters. Ms. Ribel has tried many cases in these areas and has been successful with many appeals drafted to the West Virginia Supreme Court.
Ms. Ribel currently resides in Fairmont with her husband James Ribel. In her free time, Ms. Ribel enjoys spending time with family and friends, as well as reading, gardening, traveling and watching Mountaineers and Steelers football.
- West Virginia, 2006
- Michigan, 2006
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan
- J.D. - 2005
- Honors: Dean’s List- 3 semesters
- Oakland University
- B.A. in Political Science - 2002
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Marion County Bar Association, 2006 - Present
- West Virginia State Bar, 2006 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Michael J. Aloi, 16th Circuit Judge, Marion County, West Virginia